[R] Selecting from a Dataframe

Dan Chan dchan at GFC.STATE.GA.US
Tue Apr 4 19:42:00 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have a data frame with many fields and there are many records.
One of the fields is county names in Georgia.
I want to select all the records for 3 of the counties.
How can I do that?

DailyCounty is the dataframe that holds the data.  One of the fields is
County.  The following statement will extract all records for Appling
County and store as Appling.

Appling <- subset(DailyCounty, DailyCounty$County== ("Appling"))

I suppose I can do the same for the other two counties, but how can I
combine them into one single data frame?  Each county has a different
numbers of records in the dataframe DailyCounty.

Thank you.

Daniel Chan
Meteorologist
Georgia Forestry Commission