[R] using latex() in R for Unix

Brian Quinif bquinif at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 21:37:43 CEST 2006

I am using R for Unix and want to make some LaTeX tables.  I have
already played around in R for Windows and have succeeded in making
tables that I want using the following code:

latex(Estimates, file='out.tex', rowlabel='',digits=3)

However, when I use this code in Unix, I can never find the file
"out.tex".  I assumed that R would send the file to whatever directory
I was working in, but that does not seem to be the case.  So, I tried
specifiying the exact location where I want the file:

latex(Estimates, file='/home/b/bquinif/bq/9095/out.tex', rowlabel='',digits=3)

When I do that, I get an error message sayin that the file/directory
does not exist.  I have written lots of files from Stata to locations
specified like above, so I don't understand what's going on.

Can anyone help me straighten this out?

Thanks,

Brian