[R] Multivariate linear regression

Nagu thogiti at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 02:09:06 CEST 2006

Hi Bert,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I understand your point.

But randomness is just a matter of "scale" of the object (Ramsey
Theory) . The X matrix does not explain the complete variation in Y
due to a large noise in X or simply the mapping f: X->Y is many valued
(or due to other finite number of reasons). Theoretically inverse does
not exist for many valued functions. In regression type problems, we
are evaluating the pseudoinverse of data space.

To estimate the inverses of many valued functions, theoretically, we
may have to use branch cuts method or something called Riemann
surfaces, they are partition of the domain of connected sheets.

As I am not a qualified statistician or have a good experience in
building statistical models for highly noisy data, I am wondering how
did you deal with such situations, if any exist, in your working
experience?

I will try your idea of feeding some random variables as predictors in X.

Thank you again,
Nagu

P.S. Why is that pattern recognition is all about finding patterns
that can not be seen easily, huh?