[R] key position in trellis plotting area

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 18:37:42 CEST 2006

On 4/6/06, Steven Lacey <slacey at umich.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to do the following:
>
> 1) create a trellis plot with 1 x 1 layout
> 2) add a key in the upper right hand corner of the plotting region (i.e.,
> the panel), but after the initial call to trellis
> 3) resize the resulting device graphics device without changing the relative
> position of the key
>
> For instance, the code below draws the key relative to the device
> window--not the plotting area.

When I first wrote draw.key, I thought about which choice made more
sense, and decided on the device window (or more accurately the total
graphing area) because it is slightly more general. I eventually
decided that there should be an option to support both, but I haven't
gotten around to implementing that yet. It won't happen in time for R
2.3.0, but perhaps in some later update.

Deepayan