[R] copying and pasting to R in linux

Larry Howe larry.howe at comjet.com
Sun Apr 9 01:19:05 CEST 2006

On Saturday 08 April 2006 16:27, louis homer wrote:
> When I use R, I am accustomed to developing programs in a text processor,
> and then copying from the text processor and pasting into R. This usually
> works fine, except that using the default text processor in Suse 9.0, long
> programs don't transfer completely. Using the 'source' program, also only
> works with small programs. Suggestions?

Hmmm...I'm using Suse 9 and 10, and I don't have that problem. Can you give
some more detail? By the default editor, do you mean KWrite? It's OK but Kate
is somewhat better for programming. It's hidden way inside the start menu so
I usually just go Start / Run command / kate.

Are you saying that

- create R script in editor
- save script
- start R