[R] The mysterious e1071

J Dougherty jwd at surewest.net
Mon Apr 10 09:03:19 CEST 2006

On Saturday 08 April 2006 11:51, Chelsea Ellis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use the svm function in R, but I can't find the e1071
> package. When I type library(e1071), I get the error message that the
> package doesn't exist.  I've searched all over the CRAN website, but I
> can't find anything.  Did it change names?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Chelsea
You'll have to download it off CRAN.  It IS there.  Go to CRAN, choose your
server, and then on the left pane, you will see a link named "packages."  The
link will be http://[your server name]/src/contrib/PACKAGES.html.  Chose
that.  On the right pane, which is not visually well differentiated from the
rest of the page, scroll down.  e1071 is there right at the beginning of the
packages whose names begin with "e".

Have fun,
JD