[R] Upadating windows shortcuts after upgrade

Ales Ziberna aleszib at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 14:51:24 CEST 2006

Dear R users,

I was just wondering, if anybody has a simple solution to the following
problem:
I have just installed R 2.2.1 next to R 2.1.1 (in different folder, of
course) (but the versions do not really matter) on WinXP.

I have different R projects in different folders and in each folder, I
have (among all other things) ".Rdata" file, ".Rhistory" file and a an
"R 2.1.1" shortcut, which has the folder in which it is as a start
(working) folder.
What I would like to to now (after installing a new version) is to copy
each shortcut, rename the copy to "R 2.2.1" and change the target
program from R 2.1.1 to R 2.2.1. I would like to do this automtically
for all R 2.1.1 shortcuts on my computer.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Best regards,
Ales Ziberna