[R] Bootstrap and Jackknife Bias using Survey Package

Carlos Creva Singano (M2004078) M2004078 at isegi.unl.pt
Tue Apr 11 12:49:38 CEST 2006

Dear R users,

I´m student of Master in Statistic and Data analysis, in New University of Lisbon. And now i´m writting my dissertation in variance estimation.So i´m  using Survey Package to compute the principal estimators and theirs variances.

My data is from Incoming and Expendire Survey. This is stratified Multi-stage Survey care out by National Statistic Institute of Mozambique. My domain of analysis is Maputo City, the Capital of Mozambique. I just compute the sampling errors using Survey Package, but i have some droubles:

1. How to compute Bootstrap and Jackknife Bias of estimates, like mean?

2. How to see each replicate estimate of the parameter?

3. Is it possible to use the Sitter algoritm in Bootstrap for stratified and multi-stage sampling in Survey Package? Or is possible to use the pseudo-population (obtained by replication the sample) in estimation using Bootstrap?

Thanks before hand to anyone how can help me!