[R] another very simple loop question

Petr Pikal petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Fri Apr 14 10:28:38 CEST 2006

Hi

What about some example data? I presume you could use some

apply, tapply, aggregate or similar function but without knowing what
you **really** want to do and how your previous attempts failed it is
hard to give any definite answer.

e.g.
mydf<-data.frame(year=sample(1:4,100,rep=T),
student=sample(letters[1:4],100, rep=T), result=runif(100))
aggregate(mydf$result,list(year=mydf$year,student=mydf$student),
mean)
   year student         x
1     1       a 0.4026579
2     2       a 0.4690311