[R] predict.nls confidence intervals

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 18 21:17:51 CEST 2006

It is _just two days_ since someone asked:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2006-April/092437.html

and that question was answered several times in the recent past, so I at
least declined to answer it again.

A quick search via RSiteSearch() shows several explanations

http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02a/archive/68606.html
http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02a/archive/35599.html
http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02a/archive/7549.html

and even an (approximate) solution

http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02a/archive/42932.html

If non-linearity matters, simulation can be very effective.