[R] generalized hypergeometric function

Robin Hankin r.hankin at noc.soton.ac.uk
Wed Apr 19 09:48:16 CEST 2006

On 16 Apr 2006, at 19:12, Marc Schwartz wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 17:54 +0000, Ben Bolker wrote:
>> Marc Schwartz <MSchwartz <at> mn.rr.com> writes:

>>   Note that he is looking for the h'geom FUNCTION, not DISTRIBUTION
>> (e.g. http://mathworld.wolfram.com/
>> GeneralizedHypergeometricFunction.html);
>> Robin Hankin wrote some code (hypergeo in the Davies package on CRAN)
>> to compute a particular Gaussian h'geom function, and was asking
>> at one point on the mailing list whether anyone was interested
>> in other code; I don't know whether it will be generalized
>> enough for you.
>>
>>    Ben Bolker

Hello everyone.

The hypergeo() function of the Davies package has some functionality
for the F^2_1 case [it's been a long time; I  may be confusing my
subscripts and superscripts].

But this and other cases are covered by the gsl package, which is a
wrapper
for the GSL library (probably this is a much better option).

Going back to hypergeo(), it seems relatively easy to add any specific
number of extra superscript or subscript parameters.

But a truly generalized version (which would need to take a  vector of
superscript  parameters and a vector of subscript parameters) isn't so
easy.  It's on my List Of Things To Do, but I'm afraid it's not near
the top.

HTH

Robin

--