[R] creating empty cells with table()

Owen, Jason wowen at richmond.edu
Wed Apr 19 15:21:01 CEST 2006

Hello,

Suppose I simulate 20 observations from the Poisson distribution
with lambda = 4.  I can summarize these values using table() and
then feed that to barplot() for a graph.

Problem: if there are empty categories (e.g. 0) or empty categories
within the range of the data (e.g. observations for 6, 7, 9), barplot()
does not include the empty cells in the x-axis of the plot.  Is there
any way to specify table() to have specific categories (in the above
example, probably 0:12) so that zeroes are included?

Thanks,

Jason