[R] 3D pie

COMTE Guillaume g.comte at alliance-ir.net
Thu Apr 20 10:17:05 CEST 2006

Hi all,
I can understand that it isn't the right way to represent data, i knew that i would hurt some people on this mailling list to discuss about pie.
As i've specified on my first message:
My only purpose of drawing 3D pie is for customer who don't have to understand what is drawn , but only be impressed by the beauty of the result (like people at commercial division which purchase what you've done but don't use it).

Then the expert (who are the ending users) will use the dotchart version (which i've putted too) instead of the pie.
Note:it isn't my idea, i wish to follow these advices, but i'm not the buyer...

That's all, and for shure i won't forget that pie isn't good, or only at dinner time.

Bring me a 3D apple pie and a coffee it's the morning here! (or a sandwich with hamm)

Thks for all the answers,

Grothendieck, thanks for the R tips with excel,but i'm working under linux, will keep this example in a safe place, could be usefull one day, who knows...

Cheers
COMTE Guillaume