[R] svyby example returns error

Martin Pozar martin.pozar at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 16:46:32 CEST 2006

Martin Pozar wrote:
> I get error trying to run examples from 'svyby' help page (?svyby in
> package "Survey"):

Yes, it's a version error I guess. Debian stable (Sarge) version of R is
obsolete, so I had to get a backport and it works fine:
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/debian/README

This list is not for getting help on problems that arise from using
obsolete versions of R. Get the latest version.

And this list is not for getting help on contributed packages such as
"Survey" (and most others downloaded from CRAN), even if there are
related queries and answers present in the archive. Contact the author
of the package first.

And
> PLEASE do read the posting guide *carefully and twice*! http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html

Thank you, Mr. Ripley. :)