[R] info : Manova - eigenvector analysis and canonical analysis

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sun Apr 23 17:42:03 CEST 2006

	  Have you considered the "sem" package (for "structural equation
modeling"), which (to me at least) is a generalizion of MANOVA with
canonical analysis.  Alternatively, have you considered partial least
squares (e.g., packages "pls" or "plsgenomics")?  I haven't used them,
but they sound like generalizations of the problem you are trying to
solve.  If you try something and can't get it to work, please submit a
simple, self-contained example showing what you tried and explaining why
that didn't quite seem to work for you.  (Before submitting another
post, however, please also read the posting guide!
"www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html".  I believe that people who
follow more closely that guide tend to get more useful answers quicker
than people who don't.)

	  hope this helps,
	  spencer graves