[R] Handling large dataset & dataframe

roger koenker rkoenker at uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 24 19:51:14 CEST 2006

You can read chunks of it at a time and store it in sparse matrix
form using the packages SparseM or Matrix,  but then you need
to think about what you want to do with it.... least squares sorts
of things are ok, but other options are somewhat limited...

url:    www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger            Roger Koenker
email    rkoenker at uiuc.edu            Department of Economics
vox:     217-333-4558                University of Illinois
fax:       217-244-6678                Champaign, IL 61820