[R] [O/T] undergrads and R

Ales Ziberna aleszib at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 08:14:34 CEST 2006

I will be also using R commander with undergrad students, who actually
already have some experience with R, however they have been using it
more as programing language than a statistical tool and I want to get
them more familiar with this aspect of R.

First, when I had my first look at R commander, I really liked it,
however, when I did a little more experiments, I found it quite
frustrating at times, especially by the fact that when computing a
certain statistics (for example mean), you can select only one variable
at the time. Are there any plans to change this, so that a number of
variables could be chosen? I would also prefer to have the variables
sorted the same way as they are in the data frame and and not
alphabetically. If this two (what I believe minor) things could be
improved, I would find R commander much more usable.

Otherwise, I find it a grate package, especially when working with
social sciences students.

Does anyone else have similar filings.

Best regards,
Ales Ziberna