[R] nlminb( ) : one compartment open PK model

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Tue Apr 25 17:15:12 CEST 2006

	  I've had pretty good luck solving problems like this when the post
included a simple, reproducible example, as suggested in the posting
guide (www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html).  Without that, I'm close
to clueless.  I've encountered this kind of error myself before, and I
think the way I solved it was just simplifying the example in steps
until the problem went away.  By doing this, I could isolate the source
of the problem.

	  Have you tried "trace=1", as described in the nlminb help page?  With
this, nlminb prints "The value of the objective function and the
parameters [at] every trace'th iteration."  Also, have you worked all
the examples in the nlminb help page?  If that didn't show me how to
solve my problem, I think I'd next try having nlminb estimate the
gradient and hessian, rather than supplying them myself.

	  hope this helps,
	  spencer graves