[R] www.r-project.org

Romain Francois francoisromain at free.fr
Tue Apr 25 18:53:21 CEST 2006

Dear R users and developpers,

My question is adressed to both of you, so I choose R-help to post it.

Are there any plans to jazz up the main R website : http://www.r-project.org
The look it have now is the same for a long time and kind of sad
compared to other statistical package's website. Of course, the
comparison is not fair, since companies are paying web designers to draw
lollipop websites ...

My first idea was to organize some kind of web designing contest.
But, I had a small talk with Friedrich Leisch about that, who said that
I shouldn't expect too many competitors.
So, what about creating a small team, create a home page project and
then propose it to the core team.
It goes without saying it : The core team has the final word.

What do you think ? Who would like to play ?

Romain

--
visit the R Graph Gallery : http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques
mixmod 1.7 is released : http://www-math.univ-fcomte.fr/mixmod/index.php