[R] www.r-project.org

Philippe Grosjean phgrosjean at sciviews.org
Tue Apr 25 19:32:30 CEST 2006

Romain,
The R Web site is working fine. Even if it is not relifted from a long
time, it is functional. So, this is the point... and it should remain,
at least, as functional as it is.

One aspect that could be easily relooked is the CSS file. I would
definitely be in favor of a more styled CSS. I mean, there are now new
fonts around that are designed to be more readable than Times, Helvetica
and Courrier on the screen, and equally fine on the printed material.
With CSS, it is always possible to define several fonts for one style,
so that the style "degrades" nicely in case of missing fonts. So, such
kind of change is safe, even for very old computers.

It would be wonderful if we could get a more actual CSS file for R doc,
for the Web site, and I would use the same for the R Wiki. That way, we
will got homogeneity in the presentation.

So, I definitely encourage you for (microchirurgical) propositions to
actualize the presentation of the R Web site, and I will follow the
decision of the R Core Team on this topic to make the R Wiki looking
similar.

Best,

Philippe Grosjean