[R] www.r-project.org

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Apr 26 12:14:36 CEST 2006

The webmasters have not AFAICS replied in this thread, and perhaps you
should wait for them.

In particular, making cran.r-project.org an autodirector to the nearest
mirror and replacing frames have I believe already been agreed and just
need resources to implement (and first www. and cran.r-project.org are
being moved to new hardware at a different physical site).

Please remember that as always R has very limited human resources and is
the web site a high priority within those resources? (I don't judge it
so.)

You will find discussion of frames vs css in the archives.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk