[R] new computer for running R, Coore Duo or Athlon X2? + Operating system choice

Jason Liao jg_liao at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 29 16:24:49 CEST 2006

Dear R experts here,

I am considering a new PC mainly to run R simulation. I will buy a
double core machine as I regularly run several R sessions at a time. I
am choosing between Core Duo and Athlon X2. I would like your input. I
also need to hook up R with a Fortran 90 subroutine of about 1000 lines
of code. Which operating system will make this the easiest? I mostly
work on Windows but would open to Mac OS X or Linux if the benefit is
compelling.

Thanks in advance.

Jason

Jason Liao, http://www.geocities.com/jg_liao
Dept. of Biostatistics, http://www2.umdnj.edu/bmtrxweb
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
683 Hoes Lane West, Piscataway‚ NJ 08854
phone 732-235-5429, School of Public Health office
phone 732-235-9824, Cancer Institute of New Jersey office