[R] na.rm problem

Ulrich Keller uhkeller at web.de
Tue Aug 1 13:38:38 CEST 2006

Like the error message tells you, cor does not have an argument "na.rm".
use="complete" already does what you want, namely casewise deletion of
missing values.

However, this will not work with vectors of unequal length (how is R to
determine which observations in x correspond to those in y?). What you
could do is create a copy of y that has the same length as x but is
"padded" with NAs (missing values) using something like:

y.NA<-c(rep(NA, length(x) - length(y)), y)

Then you can compute the correlation:

cor(x, y.NA, use="complete")