[R] standard dev in glmmPQL

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Fri Aug 4 06:10:43 CEST 2006

	  Let's look at the first example on the help page for "glmmQPL":

library(MASS)
library(nlme) # will be loaded automatically if omitted
fitPQL <- glmmPQL(y ~ trt + I(week > 2), random = ~ 1 | ID,
                      family = binomial, data = bacteria)
fitPQL
VarCorr(fitPQL)
VarCorr(fitPQL)[2,2]

	  You might also be interested in some other functions that might help
you solve problems like this in the future:

	  'str(fitPQL)' provides a compact summary of 'fitPQL'.
	  'class(fitPQL)' tells us it is of class 'glmmPQL' and 'lme'
	  'methods(class="lme")' identifies all the functions with special
methods written for 'lme' objects.

	  Hope this helps.
	  Spencer Graves