[R] Help with short time series

Simone Vincenzi simone.vincenzi at nemo.unipr.it
Fri Aug 4 23:45:19 CEST 2006

Dear R-list,
I have a statistical problem with the comparison of two short time-series of
density data in an ecological framework. I have to compare two short time
series (5 years, one value for each year) of species density data (it is the
density of fish in two different streams) to test if the two means of the
five densities are significantly different, so basically if the two mean
stream-specific fish densities are significantly different.
I don't think I can use a straight t-test due to the problem of
autocorrelation and I don't think I can use a repeated measure ANOVA as I
don't have any replicates.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Simone Vincenzi