[R] CPU Usage with R 2.1.0 in Windows (and with R 2.3.1)

Mike Saunders mike_saunders at umenfa.maine.edu
Mon Aug 7 14:40:16 CEST 2006

Markus:

My guess is that you have either a dual-core or a hyperthreaded processor.
Hyperthreading caps the CPU usage for any process at 50%.  It can be shut
off by going through the BIOS setup for your machine.  For the dual-core, I
am not sure if you can configure the BIOS to use both processors for one
particular task (I don't have a dual core).

Mike

Mike R. Saunders
Forest Biometrician
Cooperative Forest Research Unit