[R] CPU Usage with R 2.1.0 in Windows (and with R 2.3.1)

Mike Saunders mike_saunders at umenfa.maine.edu
Mon Aug 7 14:50:14 CEST 2006

I have done the measurements, at least with some of the code I have built
for spatial pattern analysis.  If you are on a networked machine, with lots
of network processes running in the background, turning off hyperthreading
increases speed by 30-50% (at least on my network).  I have tried it on a
non-networked machine, and speed increased by 60% or better.

Mike

Mike R. Saunders
Forest Biometrician
Cooperative Forest Research Unit