[R] OT: RBanking

Jonne jonne at troefpunt.nl
Tue Aug 8 10:25:59 CEST 2006

Hi all,

This might be a little off-topic, but I wanted to let you all know
about a project for which I used R.
I started an (free for all, open source) offline banking tool, programmed
in R and using the tcltk library for the user interface. It has several
nice features already
:) It can use regular expressions to match/group bank transactions and can
obviously use R's power to plot nice graphs.

Personally, I found it too difficult to make nice graphs with a program
like gnucash (which seems more for experts instead of home-users??)

There is support for several Dutch banks at the moment (I don't know
about internationalization).
The program is not yet user-friendly and not trivial to install,
but if you are interested I invite you to try it.

It can be checked out with the command:
svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rbanking/trunk rbanking
And the website is at http://rbanking.sourceforge.net
(thereafter you would need to install several dependencies like BWidgets
and tablelist.

It would be great if there's a group of people who would slowly like
to further develop this, like myself. Any help is appreciated :)

Jonne.