[R] More Plots

tristan rouyer tristan.rouyer at ifremer.fr
Tue Aug 8 18:54:34 CEST 2006

sonal at deepfoo.com a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> How can we plot two graphs ex. lets say correlation & ratio in the same
> window?
>
> I mean in the window I have :
>
> 1. Graph of correlation having X & Y axes
>
> 2. Graph of ratio having A & B axes
>
> one above the other.
>
> Thanks,
> Sonal

Hi,
you can simply do that using the command par(new=TRUE) between your two
graphs.
example :
x<-rnorm(100,0,2)
y<-2*x+rnorm(100,0,2)
plot(y~x)
par(new=TRUE)
z<-rnorm(100,10,2)
plot(z,col='red')

As you can notice the second plot is roughly added to the new one, even
if the scales are different. So you basically have to specify the axes
of the second plot, using the axis() command (after specifying xaxt='n'
and yaxt='n' in the second plot for removing its axes).

Tristan