[R] unable to restore saved data

Alessandro Gagliardi eklypse at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 02:38:59 CEST 2006

Lately, when I try to open R I get the following error message:

Error: object 'time' not found whilst loading namespace 'tseries'
Fatal error: unable to restore saved data in .RData

If I rename .RData to RData.RData and then try opening R again it
works.  Then I can load("RData.RData") without a problem.  But if I
try saving my workspace (as the default, ".RData") and reload R it
crashes all over again.  I don't know how to get this 'time' object
back.  (I must have removed it by accident at some point.)  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
--
Alessandro Gagliardi
Integrative Neuroscience Program
alessandro at gagliardi.name

"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement.
But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth."
-Niels Bohr