[R] rpvm/snow packages on a cluster with dual-processor machines

Paul Y. Peng ypeng at math.mun.ca
Fri Aug 11 18:12:19 CEST 2006

Hi,

does anybody know how to use the dual processors in the machines of a cluster? I am using R with rpvm and snow packages. I usually start pvm daemon and add host machines first, and then run R to start my computing work. But I find that only one processor in each machine is used in this way and the other one always stays idle. Is there any simple way to tell pvm to use the two processors at the same time? In other words, I would like to see two copies of R running on each machine's two processors when using pvm. Any hints/help are greatly appreciated.

Paul.