[R] problem with tseries (was unable to restore saved data)

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at R-project.org
Fri Aug 11 22:25:12 CEST 2006

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 07:58:45 +0100 (BST) Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

> packages. This appears to be a bug in tseries, for if its namespace
> needs 'time', it should import it from 'stats', and it is not even
> depending on 'stats'.

[...]

> > loadNamespace("tseries")
> Error: object 'time' not found whilst loading namespace 'tseries'
>
> That is a matter for the 'tseries' maintainer (Cc:ed here).  If you
> try library(tseries) at that point you find
>
> > library(tseries)
> Error: object 'aggregate' not found whilst loading namespace 'zoo'
> Error: package 'zoo' could not be loaded
>
> so package zoo has a similar problem (maintainer Cc:ed).

Thanks for the pointer: I started revising my packages as to properly
declare dependencies, and also did the same for tseries. I'll try to
get them out on CRAN asap.

thx