[R] A model for possibly periodic data with varying amplitude [repost, much edited]

Andrew Robinson A.Robinson at ms.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Aug 16 11:14:51 CEST 2006

Thanks for your response.

No, I haven't - I just looked and didn't see anything that looked
suitable for 12 data points.  Can you be more precise?

Cheers

Andrew

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 06:43:02AM +0000, Dieter Menne wrote:
> Andrew Robinson <A.Robinson <at> ms.unimelb.edu.au> writes:
>
> > I have up to 12 measures of a protein for each of 6 patients, taken
> > every two or three days. The pattern of the protein looks periodic,
> > but the height of the peaks is highly variable.  I'm testing for
> > periodicity using a Monte Carlo simulation envelope approach applied
> > to a cumulative periodogram.  Now I want to predict the location of
> > the peaks in time.  Of course, the peaks might be occurring on
> > unmeasured days.
>
> Have you checked one of the methods in Chapter 13. of MASS to obtain a smoothed
> estimate?
>
> Dieter

Andrew Robinson
Department of Mathematics and Statistics            Tel: +61-3-8344-9763
University of Melbourne, VIC 3010 Australia         Fax: +61-3-8344-4599
Email: a.robinson at ms.unimelb.edu.au         http://www.ms.unimelb.edu.au