[R] glmmPQL question!

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Thu Aug 17 01:57:01 CEST 2006

  I don't think there is an easy way to do that. If it were my problem,
I think I'd start by trying to the model using 'lmer' associated with
the 'lme4' package. I would then try to pass the fit to 'mcmcsamp' to
get a random sample of parameter estimates following the posterior
distribution. Then I'd convert the simulated parameters into a
distribution of predictions for the conditions of interest. While doing
this, I'd apply "quantile" of the distribution of predictions for each
set of conditions to get the desired confidence limits.

Make sense?

If you'd like further help from this listserve, please submit another
post. When you do that, however, I strongly urge you to include
commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code illustrating
something you tried that didn't quite work to help people understand
what you want (as suggested in the posting guide
"www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html"). Without such a minimal, self
contained example, your problem is rarely as clear, and people's replies
are less likely to be relevant. Since they know that, they are less
likely to reply.

Hope this helps.
Spencer Graves