[R] Plots Without Displaying

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Aug 17 16:48:47 CEST 2006

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006, Lothar Botelho-Machado wrote:

> Thank you,
>
> It seems that a list of plots is just possible using lattice plots. But
> that's a good keyword for me to look for, I appreciate your help!

Actually, that is not a list of *plots*.  The objects stored there are
more sets of instructions to the print method of what to plot, and you can
do that for any type of plot.

It is possible to store low-level descriptions of plots and replay them:
see recordPlot and replayPlot.  BUT, it is preferable to run the
expressions to create the plot on the new device.