[R] unlink disables help?

Kuhn, Max Max.Kuhn at pfizer.com
Thu Aug 17 19:56:43 CEST 2006

I was hoping that someone could try to reproduce an error that I am
getting. The R Site Search keeps timing out on me, so apologies of this
has already come up.

I'm using

> R.version
               _
platform       i386-pc-mingw32
arch           i386
os             mingw32
system         i386, mingw32
status
major          2
minor          3.1
year           2006
month          06
day            01
svn rev        38247
language       R
version.string Version 2.3.1 (2006-06-01)

When I use unlink as below, the help system is disabled:

> ?print
> testPath <- tempdir()
> print(testPath)
[1] "C:\\WINDOWS\\TEMP\\Rtmpo5Wnqb"
> file.exists(testPath)
[1] TRUE
> unlink(testPath, recursive = TRUE)
> ?print
Error in int.unzip(file.path(path, zipname), topic, tmpd) :
        'destination' does not exist

I can produce the same error with Version 2.3.0 (2006-04-24) on Windows.

I haven't been able to reproduce this with directories that are created
using other means:

> ?print
> testPath <- "c:\\tmp\\unlinkTest"
> dir.create(testPath)