[R] Maximum length of R GUI input line?

Eric Fegraus e.fegraus at conservation.org
Fri Aug 18 10:28:20 CEST 2006

Hello,

I'm using R 2.3.1 on Windows.

I'm generating some very long SQL statements. I do this by using paste() which will contain many strings and variables.  I'm getting an error when the the total line length is longer than about 1013 characters.  For example, it works with the line containing 1013 characters and not when it is 1059.

I've looked into adjusting the options(width) and a handful of other settings.   I have a feeling there is some other setting i'm missing that i can adjust.

Any ideas?

Thanks!