[R] aggregate example : where is the state.region variable?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 03:03:49 CEST 2006

It is worthwhile to note that what is being illustrated here is aggregating a
numeric matrix by a factor using the aggregate.default method and, of course,
a factor can't be part of a numeric matrix.

Of course, that is not say that the examples could not be improved in
terms of clarity, simplicity and comprehensiveness (there is no
example of aggregate.data.frame).