[R] aggregate example : where is the state.region variable?

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Aug 22 15:01:56 CEST 2006

    Gabor> It is worthwhile to note that what is being
    Gabor> illustrated here is aggregating a numeric matrix by a
    Gabor> factor using the aggregate.default method and, of
    Gabor> course, a factor can't be part of a numeric matrix.

    Gabor> Of course, that is not say that the examples could
    Gabor> not be improved in terms of clarity, simplicity and
    Gabor> comprehensiveness (there is no example of
    Gabor> aggregate.data.frame).

yes, thank you, Gabor .....
and we (the R developers) have accepted and incorporated
quite a few constructive proposals for improvement.

Just offending the original authors ("bloody ..") without adding
any constructive proposal for improvement doesn't really help.
You can always get the money back you paid for R.
You can also decide to leave this mailing list and get the money
back you paid for that service.  Unfortunately, we can't get the
time and energy back we've lost when dealing with such postings...

Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich