[R] Authoring a book

Tom Backer Johnsen backer at psych.uib.no
Tue Aug 22 18:36:53 CEST 2006

Me and some colleagues are planning to write a textbook together
("Statistics using R") where the target audience for the book is
psychologists and students of psychology.

We thought that it might be a good idea to use a Wiki when writing the
text.  Is that a good idea?  Does anybody have any experience in that
direction?  What alternatives are there?

The tool (Wiki) would have to be able to handle tables and
mathematical formulas in some manner, and of course, some mechanism to
export the contents to a word processor in the final stages.

I have my own server, Windows, based on Apache, PhP, and MySQL.

Tom