[R] how to complete this task on data management

Petr Pikal petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Wed Aug 23 11:10:31 CEST 2006

Hi

I am not sure what you really want. If you try to preserve first part
of your objects just exclude them from operation e.g.

data[-(1:5),] will exclude first five rows from your dataframe.

However it is unclear what you want to do next. Instead of three
items you want only add one different?

data.frame(x=c(data[(1:5),],6))

or another vector

data.frame(x=c(data[(1:5),],some.other.data))

Following probably too complicated construction tells you which is
the position of the second value lower then some threshold (in this
case 3.5) in a vector.

which(diff(cumsum(diff(data<3.5)==1)<2)!=0)+2

HTH
Petr