[R] problems installing odrpack

Lothar Schmid lothar.schmid at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 23 15:39:49 CEST 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to install odrpack (http://www.netlib.org/odrpack/) on my
ubuntu linux system. That is a fortran package which I need to fit a
circle to 2-dim data points (if someone knows a simpler package for
that task, please tell me).

For installing odrpack, I need a utility called fsplit, which splits
fortran files into single subroutines. However, there seems to be no
ubuntu package for fsplit. Neither google nor the ubuntu search engine
produced a result.

I found several fsplit tarballs, which compiled fine. But when I start
fsplit, the error message "fsplit: can't load dynamic linker
'/lib/ld.so'" appears. I tried linking ld.so to the file ld-2.3.6.so
in my /lib  directory, but that did not help.

Thanks for your advice,

Lothar