[R] putting the mark for censored time on 1-KM curve or competing risk curve

Linda Lei llei at bccrc.ca
Wed Aug 23 20:49:55 CEST 2006

Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out the cumulative incidence curve in R in some
limited time. I found in package "cmprsk", the command "plot.cuminc" can
get this curve. But I noticed that there is no mark for the censored
time there, comparing with the KM curve by "plot.survfit". Here are my
codes (attached is the data):

----------------

dat<-read.table("F://wendy/BMT data analysis/final
data.txt",header=TRUE,sep="\t")

library(cmprsk)

library(survival)

attach(dat)

par(mfrow=c(2,1))

curve<-cuminc(SURVEFP/365.25,STATREP,Ritux)

plot(curve,xlab="years",curvlab=c("No rituximab",
"Rituximab"),lty=1:2,col=c("red","blue"),mark.time=TRUE)

a<-survfit(Surv(SURVEFP/365.25,STATREP)~Ritux,type="kaplan-meier")

plot(a,main="OS for whole
group",conf.int=F,xlab="years",ylab="probability",lty=1:2,col=c("red","b
lue"))

Could you help me with how to put the mark for censored time on
cumulative incidence curve, or maybe how to get the 1-KM curve with the
mark for censored time? This will help me a lot!

Thank you very much!