[R] metaplot and meta.summaries

Anne Katrin Heinrichs katrin.heinrichs at zmaw.de
Thu Aug 24 14:38:28 CEST 2006

Hello,

After looking through the archive and documentation for quite some time, I'd be very happy
about some help with metaplot and meta.summaries.

metaplot:
---------

Can I change the label size? I've got 126 values and the intersection of the labels makes
it impossible to read them.

Why do I have to give sumse (Standard Error) and sumnn (Precision) of the summary
estimate? I can calculate one from the other, right? Just to make sure I'm not
misunderstanding something.

metaplot(CoeffVector, StdErrorVector, nn=NULL, labels=Name, conf.level=0.95,
xlab=paste(CoeffNames[j], CoefficientName[i]),
ylab="Countries",
xlim=NULL, summn=PostCoeffs[1,j], sumse=sqrt(PostVars[1,j]),
sumnn=1/(PostVars[1,j]),
summlabel="Summary",
lwd=2, boxsize=1)

meta.summaries

What does it mean, when I get the warning message that NaNs were produced in "pchisq(q,
df, lower.tail, log.p)"? Is there something wrong with my data (there are no NAs in the
data)?

MetaAnalyse <- meta.summaries(CoeffVector,
					StdErrorVector,
					method = "random")