[R] Authoring a book

Stefan Grosse singularitaet at gmx.net
Thu Aug 24 15:53:39 CEST 2006

I think Peter Dalgaard is right.

Since you are able to use R I believe you will be very fast in learning
LaTeX.

I think it needs less then a week to learn the most common LaTeX
commands. And setting up a wiki and trying then to convert this into a
printable document format plus learning the wiki syntax is probably more
time consuming. Beside this R is able to work perfectly together with
LaTeX, it creates LaTeX output and is doing excellent graphics in the
EPS/PS format.

The best introduction for LaTeX is the not so short introduction:
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/lshort/lshort.pdf

If you still are not convinced have a look at UniWakkaWiki:
http://uniwakka.sourceforge.net/HomePage

It is a Wiki for Science and University purposes and claims to be able
to export to Openoffice as well as to LaTeX.

Stefan Grosse