[R] installing the x86_64 R Binary on Fedora Core 5

Stefan Grosse singularitaet at gmx.net
Thu Aug 24 17:22:02 CEST 2006

Hi Roger,

I dunno what exactly might be the source of that mistake but I would
strongly recommend to install R while you are online. Often other
packages must be installed for dependencies.

(And then I recommend using the smart package manager (
http://labix.org/smart ) which is a great tool and handling dependencies
better.)

You could use rpm at the command line level.

open a shell, type su and give your password, change to the folder where
the rpm is downloaded to, type
rpm -ivh R-2.3.1-1.fc5.x86_64.rpm  will try to install and give you
information on whats missing...

Stefan Grosse