[R] R in Nature

Simon Blomberg blomsp at ozemail.com.au
Fri Aug 25 09:04:10 CEST 2006

Hi all,

We've just had a paper accepted for publication in Nature. We used R for
95% of our analyses (one of my co-authors sneaked in some GenStat when I
wasn't looking.). The preprint is available from the Nature web site, in
the open peer-review trial section. I searched Nature for previous
references to "R Development Core Team", and I received no hits. So I
tentatively conclude that our paper is the first Nature paper to cite R.

A great many thanks to the R Development Core Team for R, and Prof.
Bates for lmer.

Cheers,

Simon.
(I'm off to the pub to celebrate.)

--
Simon Blomberg, B.Sc.(Hons.), Ph.D, M.App.Stat.
Centre for Resource and Environmental Studies

The combination of some data and an aching desire for
an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer
can be extracted from a given body of data.
- John Tukey.