[R] xyplot with different symbols and colors?

Sebastian P. Luque spluque at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 18:26:57 CEST 2006

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 17:51:24 +0200,
Stefan Grosse <singularitaet at gmx.net> wrote:

> Dear List, I try to make a xyplot with different colors and symbols, I
> came this far:

> library(DAAG)
> xyplot(csoa~it|sex*agegp,data=tinting,groups=target,pch=list(1,2),auto.key=list(space
> = "right"))

> this produces a plot with different colors and symbols but unfortunately
> the legend does only follow the color scheme and not the different
> symbols.

> Any suggestions what to change?

I think that 'pch' is passed only to the panel function, and the key uses
whatever the current trellis.par.set() is, if you don't define it
explicitly (all explained in ?xyplot).  I find it easier to call
trellis.par.set before the xyplot:

R> trellis.par.set(superpose.symbol=list(pch=c(1, 2)))
Warning message:
Note: The default device has been opened to honour attempt to modify trellis settings in: trellis.par.set(superpose.symbol = list(pch = c(1, 2)))
R> xyplot(csoa~it|sex*agegp,data=tinting,groups=target,auto.key=list(space="right"))

Cheers,

--
Seb