[R] Quickie : unload library

Horace Tso Horace.Tso at pgn.com
Fri Aug 25 21:16:53 CEST 2006

Dear list,

I know it must be obvious and I did my homework. (In fact I've
RSiteSearched with keyword "remove AND library" but got timed
out.(why?)....)

How do I unload a library? I don't mean getting ride of it permanently
but just to unload it for the time being.

A related problem : I have some libraries loaded at startup in .First()
which I have in .Rprofile. Now, I exited R and commented out the lines
in .First(). Next time I launch R the same libraries are loaded again.
I.e. there seems to be a memory of the old .First() somewhere which
refuses to die.

Thanks in adv.

Horace