[R] Quickie : unload library

Horace Tso Horace.Tso at pgn.com
Fri Aug 25 22:20:49 CEST 2006

Aah, that works. The missing "package:..."

H.

>>> Sachin J <sachinj.2006 at yahoo.com> 8/25/2006 1:16 PM >>>
try detach("package:zoo")

  Sachin

Horace Tso <Horace.Tso at pgn.com> wrote:
  Sachin,

I did try that, ex

detach(zoo)

Error in detach(zoo) : invalid name

detach("zoo")

Error in detach("zoo") : invalid name

But zoo has been loaded,

sessionInfo()
Version 2.3.1 (2006-06-01)
i386-pc-mingw32

attached base packages:
[1] "methods" "datasets" "stats" "tcltk" "utils"
"graphics"
[7] "grDevices" "base"

other attached packages:
tseries quadprog zoo MASS Rpad
"0.10-1" "1.4-8" "1.2-0" "7.2-27.1" "1.1.1"

Thks,

H.

>>> Sachin J 8/25/2006 12:56 PM >>>
see ?detach

Horace Tso wrote:
Dear list,

I know it must be obvious and I did my homework. (In fact I've
RSiteSearched with keyword "remove AND library" but got timed
out.(why?)....)

How do I unload a library? I don't mean getting ride of it permanently
but just to unload it for the time being.

A related problem : I have some libraries loaded at startup in
.First()
which I have in .Rprofile. Now, I exited R and commented out the lines
in .First(). Next time I launch R the same libraries are loaded again.
I.e. there seems to be a memory of the old .First() somewhere which
refuses to die.

Thanks in adv.

Horace